Warsaw

Sometimes it is really amazing when you are not prepared to see "things" and you don't have a schedule or a program what you "should" see or what you "should" do.




Therefore, I didn't have any expectation from the "huge" city with the name Warsaw the only information I had heard was the fact that during the ww2 the city totally destroyed and only one small part of the city still remains and actually is the most beautiful part of the city.

 USA army aircraft at WAW airport
I don't know why the modern style (the way we construct the city) is most of the times not beautiful as the traditional one. I liked much the old city as you can see as well from the attached photos it looks like Prague.
A lot of people around as a big city orders, and one can find 24h shop that sells alcohol in very good price. I was quite impressed when I saw a lot of smiles around and when I saw a very beautiful girl singing alone while she was passing a very crowded street.   


Warsaw has a "heavy" history and you can see it and feel it all around the city. I hope humanity will never ever experience the ghettos.  


Nice view a bit outside of the old city
The "tall" buildings indicate the speedy grow of the city






A momentum that indicates where was the ghetto wall

Panoramic view of the old City
Panoramic view of the old city


Comments

  1. I got to visit other parts of Poland, but not Warsaw. It's sounds very similar to my experience, though. It's nice to see photos of the old city! What a tragic history!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does have a tragic history, but it's come through it and looks beautiful. How long were you there for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Jen Hmm if I remember well I stayed there for 4 days, and I strongly recommended if you have time to visit Poland. (Actually I am saying this for any place I have been ,Our world is beautiful)

      Delete
  3. I love to visit places with lots of history. The city of Warsaw is certainly one of those. Whenever I travel, I'm always drawn to the old part of a city. The buildings have so much more character, and usually have a story to tell. I would love to visit Poland, it's on my bucket list, but for now I enjoyed seeing it through your photos. This is a great travel blog. When I can't be there myself, I appreciate when other people go and tell me about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Warsaw looks like such a lovely place, though it does not look like there are any interesting activities that one can indulge in

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing photos. warsaw has such a marvelous HIstory. it is amazing, i wonder how it got its name....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Warsaw i have not visited it yet, but a friend of mine has been there, she said she visited a Museum Chopina and that it was truly amazing and that the rooftop garden at the Warsaw university was simply beautiful, i would love to visit Warsaw and experience it all. For now Warsaw is my no. 12 on my lists if places to visit, Thanks for this remarkable share

    ReplyDelete
  7. never knew about Warsaw till now. I'll keep Warsaw in mind if i am ever planning for a trip. .Thanks for a marvelous posting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i was in Poland recently Lublin to be exact. a very interesting and lovely place that is, the people there are nice, visited some museums and the Lublin castle. If i had read this earlier i would be sharing my experience with you thanks for sharing your great experience in the great capital

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts